The web console is the last mile of Oxide’s vision: delivering the complexities of cloud infrastructure with a beautiful and functional interface that delights our customers.
As a software engineer working on the web console, you will:
- Work with engineers and designers to understand customer use cases and define and implement the web interface to the Oxide platform.
- Build a React app that feels as fast and simple as a CLI.
- Write code mostly in TypeScript, read TypeScript and a bit of Rust. Rust experience is not required, but interest goes a long way.
- Debug API code when it’s not doing what you expect.
- Participate in usability testing to refine the product.
- Write tooling to help you and other developers move faster.
- Learn about all layers of the stack exposed to users through the web console: fault-tolerant distributed systems and databases that support virtual machines, network-based virtual storage devices, and virtual networks.
- Code without fear, supported by continuous builds, tests, a constructive code-review process, and a supportive culture of identifying and fixing bugs. Learn about and contribute to other non-web areas of the product that interest you.
These responsibilities are just a starting place! We’re a small company, we don’t have rigid roles, and we have a lot to do – we can help you grow wherever your interests take you.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Are excited about accessibility.
- Have worked on single-page apps, but see beyond the frameworks of the day.
- Believe in fully documenting your ideas.
- Enjoy reading the documentation produced by others.
- Get excited about a wide range of technical topics and dig really deep into them.
- Don’t mind coworkers getting really excited about decades-old computer front panels.
If you don’t meet 100% of these qualifications you should still seriously consider applying! We all come from different backgrounds with different skills.
For more info contact us today